2010-08-28

Long Weekend Part 4 - Monday (Last one!)

Monday, August 23, 2010

The ride to work this morning was a lot easier for me to do, and it’s really become part of my morning routine.  I get up, throw on workout clothes, and stuff my work clothes in my backpack.  Have a nutritious breakfast (some kind of whole grain cereal, some kind of fruit and/or vegetable, and a protein or two of some variety), a cup of hot tea, and brush my teeth, and out the door I go!  The ride is always enjoyable for me, and I find my confidence is growing day by day!

When I got HOME I decided I hadn’t had enough torture yet, so I did the whole laundry chore type deal, and then did some more P90X!  I followed it with an extended stretching session, since I have been really bad about stretching for the past…oh…year….oops!  But I’m naturally flexible, so even without stretching I can put my flat palms on the floor, when others can barely touch their toes.  (yes I AM proud of that actually!)
Well, for some reason, we had a huge laundry mix up, but I got it ALL under control, and ultimately folded and put away!  AMAZING!  Now I was all set for my Netflix movie! I finally got to see Bend it Like Bekham.  This movie came out when I was in High School still, I mean COME ON!  I really enjoyed the main theme, and I loved the happy ending.  Bonus, it was a movie about sports and being active, so YAY!  Plus I love Kiera Knightly!  Kiefer was saying that in that movie she looks like me in High School.  HAHAHA!  I wasn’t THAT thin, but I definitely had the whole lerpy/gangly thing going on for sure!  It also helps that I LOVE Bollywood films!!  Bride and Prejudice, and Monsoon Wedding are two that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment