2010-08-10

Hanging out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Morning
So a big part of getting out is just simply getting off the sofa and doing something.  Well getting out includes hanging out with friends, and that's exactly what I plan to do tonight.  One of my friends has a weekly board gaming thing, and I typically don't go because it lands on the one day of the week that I have to myself with my daughter, and we usually do mother-daughter things.  This week she is at my mother's house since it's summer break, and Kiefer will be out at his mom's house for his weekly dinner, what a good son!

That leaves me!  So I'm going to head over there after I get home, freshen up(I rode my bike to work again!) and have some healthy/tasty dinner.  I'll post more later when I've completed my experience.


Also, I know that SOMEDAY Kiefer and our other poster will actually post something up here. Kiefer went Mountain biking on Saturday with a friend, and our other (yet handle-less poster) did a century bike ride yesterday.  He has had some exciting life experiences (and some really scary ones) that I'm hoping he will share with us.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Afternoon
Ok,  so I've decided to bike there directly from work.  I feel like it's incredibly crazy, because my friend lives halfway up a VERY steep hill, but I'm going to try to come in from the top, and glide down to his house, then glide down (theoretically) back to the main drag.  This will entail riding home at night, but I have lights, and light colored clothing.

Chipotle for dinner!  I'm not particularly THRILLED about buying dinner, seeing as my bank account got nearly bottomed out (hey I used it to pay off the balance of my student loan!), but I gotta fuel my bike somehow!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Evening
Well I ended up getting there really quickly, 5 min tops?  My front derailleur is still acting funky (as it always has) and popped the chain off trying to go up the last 10 yards to my friend's driveway.  Played a couple really fun games with everyone, and a WHOLE bunch of people started showing up!  WOW!  I left by 8pm so I could get most of my ride done before pitch dark.  Ride home was fairly uneventful, but a pleasure nonetheless.  Kiefer wasn't home when I got there, so I took my time freshening up, starting laundry (my cycling sweatshirt needed a wash!), having a snack and sitting with the kitties to read some manga (Ruroni Kenshin vol 2).  Later Kiefer came home and we watched Layer cake.  Pretty good, but the ending annoyed me (though it was more realistic).  I like Snatch better.

All in all a busy lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment