2010-08-08

Beaching myself again!

Kiefer and I got out again today!  We took my sister, my daughter and our out of town guest to get some Wahoo's Fish Tacos today, so she could have the full California experience.  I think that was a great idea, since my sister and our guest REALLY loved the fish tacos.  Wahoo's is such a great place, with a great "little beach town" feel to it, so it fits in to Manhattan Beach PERFECTLY.  Afterwards we visited the Roundhouse Aquarium on the end of Manhattan Beach Pier.  Everyone enjoyed touching starfish and sea cucumbers.

Following some surfer spotting we headed back to the car, and down to Hermosa Beach for a dip in the sea.  I swam around a bit (it was nice and quiet!) before dragging my daughter KICKING AND SCREAMING into the waves with me.  It took her a couple of minutes, but then she started having fun bouncing in the waves and diving under them with me.  It's so important for kids to learn how to deal with the ocean and the waves at a young age so they are not scared of it as adults.  Next year she will be old enough for Surf Camp, and I think it would be really good for her to go.

I'm sore from my surfing adventure yesterday.  I always like to think of that sore feeling from working out as a GOOD kind of sore.  It means I was using my body.  Do you know what else it means to me?  It means that I need to get out and do whatever it was that made me sore some more so it doesn't make me sore anymore!  Time to head to Costco and get the $99 special!

Sunday afternoon/evening is a great way to unwind from your weekend, and relax before heading back to your grey building, to your grey cubicle with your grey desk.  At least computers aren't grey anymore....now they're BLACK!!!  Wow!  I've got my feet up, with a nice cup of tea, and Loki, my fluffy white Raggamuffin (as opposed to my fluffy cream & white Raggamuffin) curled up next to me while Kiefer is playing a game.

Don't forget to pack a healthy lunch for tomorrow, part of getting out is taking care of your body!  You wont' get very far if you are unhealthy.  I like to include 3 servings of vegetables, and one serving of fruit in my lunch box as snacks in addition to my main meal.  Snacking is important to maintain healthy blood sugar levels throughout the day, and avoid crashing.

We are going to take a walk tonight.

How are you going to Get Out next weekend?  Start planning now!

No comments:

Post a Comment