2010-08-16

Getting out for the weekend!

So this weekend was EXTREMELY packed with fun adventures.  So much so that I didn't get one spare minute (at least not one in which I wasn't feeling like a sleepy zombie) to tell you about it!  Friday directly after work Kiefer took me to see Lewis Black (great show!), which of course lasted until about 11 (my bedtime is 10pm max, I'm a grouchy old lady under all this young person skin, mostly because I wake up at 6:30 every morning, weekend or not due to our translucent blinds, and my inability to sleep in anything but complete and total blackness.  yes I've used a sleeping mask, I take it off in my sleep every night.).  Then we were supposed to be up and ready to go by 7am to go mountain biking.  I was already off to a grouchy start at having to be up so early, after only 7 of my required 9.5 hours of beauty sleep.

Eventually our friend, the Crab, showed up, and we EVENTUALLY hauled our asses out the door.  I must say we were quite a bit less organized than usual due to the fact that we had to run out the door Friday night.  I'll let Kiefer fill you in on the details of that, but I emerged unscathed!  Though I was bout ready to rip into some rude Sierra Club member.  I've got to join this club, so I can rightfully tell those people off for treating people the way they do.  It's very frustrating.... lesson learned:  Just because every day you have to tell someone that they need to obey the signs, doesn't mean that everyone you tell has been told every day.  Assume it's the first time ever someone has been told something.  Be polite, and treat others with respect, the same way you expect to be treated.  Otherwise, what is their motivation to respect you, if you don't have the decency to respect them in the first place??

We dined at the fantastic Good Stuff in El Segundo, yum yum yum!  Then went home to hang out for a little while before heading to a party at a roller rink in Orange Countay.  I havn't been rollerskating since elemetary, maybe middle school.  AWESOME FUN!!  I'm sure Kiefer will not agree with me here, but I had an absolute blast!  I worked muscles I havn't used in years, and you know what I always say about that....if it hurts, then that means I don't do it enough!

Sunday morning we had a bit of a lazy morning, which was nice.  Eventually we rode our bikes to the Wahoo's Fish Tacos by the beach, and enjoyed tasty burritos there.  Then we walked around the strand some (I usually blast by on my bike, never took the time to walk), and after that ride (hills!) and a beer, I needed to walk a little!!  Beautiful houses, and the sun even made it's appearance finally as we strolled along inspecting the gorgeous multi-million dollar beach front homes.  We got home and spent the rest of the day like cats, napping on the sofa and watching TV.  My two kitty men thought this was a fantastic way to spend the afternoon, and were laying on/with us constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment