2010-08-27

Four day weekend...wait...WHAT?!

So today started as a normal day.  I got up, and put my cycling clothes on.  I packed my work clothes into my backpack along with my tasty lunch (made by Kiefer).  I hopped on my bike and cycled in.

All normal...up until the part where the light was out at the intersection by my office.  Huh...strange...

So there were traffic cops (motorcycle cops!) directing traffic.  This was odd, but whatever, I figured they had some maintenance thing going on.  Whatever, wasn't making me any later for work, but I bet all those people on the cross street were unhappy!  There was a really big line!  So I pulled into the lot, and the security guard  that was standing there (extremely unusual) informed me the building power was out, and was my office located in this building.  I said yes, and pointed to my group who waved enthusiastically at me from their safe location in the parking lot.

According to witnesses at the scene (aka my coworkers) there was some kind of noisy fiasco that included loud "BOOM"s, shaking the building, and flickering the lights.  Very exciting.  Eventually they came around and said we could all go home.  Great! right???  RIGHT??? Yah, except I just killed myself (as I do every morning) to get to work.  My legs were feeling the burn.  I ride that 5 miles like I don't have to ride again for 8 more hours...because that's usually true.  Now I have to turn around and ride BACK home 5 more miles!  Lucky for me home is the OPPOSITE direction of traffic in the morning, so I booked it....well until my legs started burning then I'd take it easy for a while.

Well I got home, and I decided that I had a mighty need to do P90X's YogaX.  WOOH was that intense!  Maybe it was that I had just ridden 10 miles pushing myself REAL hard, or that I had just ridden 5 miles last night and followed it up with more P90X...I dont know!  All I know is it kicked my butt, and I'm okay with that!

I've been making the most of my impromptu day off by doing some housework.  Eventually I'll make dinner for me & Kiefer, since we are going to a concert tonight.

ok, i have to go return the house to it's normal, not being mopped state...all the chairs are up on tables, and the sofa is completely unusable since the ottoman and my fitness ball are piled up on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment