2010-09-09

Riding in the rain...here I come!

So it drizzled on me a little on my way to work yesterday morning.  This got me thinking that I really need to prep for rain.  Fortunately for me I got a $50 recognition reward from work (in the form of a giftcertificates.com certificate) which I am going to redeem at REI for rain gear.  Rain gear must include some kind of backpack cover to protect my work clothes & shoes in my bag, and preferably something to cover my head so I don't get completely wet hair.  I don't really care if I get my workout clothes drenched, that's what plastic bags are for.  I'll just have to remember to keep an ultra absorbant towel to roll my clothes in to get out the moisture.  laundry rack in the office...not to professional, but hey, it's a CUBICLE...it's not exactly a meeting facility for executives!

We totally skipped pool night last night, in lieu of convincing Chris to just get a membership at 24 hour fitness.  $3/week x 4 weeks in a month is $24/mo (for the two of us) and we only get to use the pool 1 day per week.  Time to upgrade!  One of our local gyms has a lap pool, and membership is WAAAY less per month.  I paid about $600 up front for 3 years (That's roughly $17/mo for 3 years) with an annual renewal of $49/year thereafter (that's $4/mo).  Ultra cheap!  (This means I'm not paying anything right now....except extra fees to go to that other pool, which I'll admit is really nice)

I think we'll check that out sometime this week.  Meanwhile I got new upgrades for my bike!  Ok, so they weren't NEW but they're new to ME!!  I got a 6503 Ultegra groupset.  Woot!  Triple in the front, 9 in the back, new brakes/pads, grip tape the whole kit & caboodle!!  My bike is a nice bike now (before he had Sora parts)!  We're going for another ride this weekend on Sunday, and more mountain biking to come on Saturday.  I wish I could get Kiefer to blog about his adventures.  Yesterday he rode to a bike shop near his work to check out mountain bike rentals for our friend.

Many adventures ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment