2010-09-20

Fun Weekend of Fun - Part 1: Thursday and Friday

This one is going to come in installments again, because I don't like spamming a tl;dr post to my readers!

Thursday mostly consisted of nothing exciting.  Rode to work, rode home....EXCEPT that on my way home some GUY decided to try to run me off the road.  This is my first encounter with it, and I was totally taken by surprise.  We were at a 4 way stop, and I have a bad habit at this particular intersection of creeping up and passing people.  This one guy had his right indicator on, so I figured I'd pass him on the left.  I'd done it before, and no one really minds because I turn left right away anyway.  Well this guy got SOOOOO mad that he decided to forgo turning right in order to chase me down.  REALLY GUY?!?!?  REALLY?!!?!  So I couldn't make my usual left turn, and had to keep going straight for about a mile (there are a set of culdesacs between that street I wanted to turn on, and the next through street).

Over the course of that mile he tried to pass me on the left 3 times (the lane is VERY narrow, and there were 2 cars in front of me....that I was keeping up with just fine) despite the fact that there was oncoming traffic each time.  Then he tried to run me off the road, so I finally blasted past him at a stop sign and made the next possible left while he was still accelerating.  he seemed to back off as soon as I made my left turn hand signal, but if he hadn't I would have just taken the next right.  CRAZY SOB!

So I get every other Friday off (as I've stated before), and I usually like to stay home and relax, catch up on chores and that kind of thing, then pick up my daughter early from school.  Well Kiefer woke up with a "crick" in his neck, so he called in sick.  We relaxed in the morning, and then headed to the mall to do some shopping.  I have a love for sweaters that I cannot explain, and I have a mighty need to replenish my collection, since my favorite sweater got shrunk in the wash on accident.

Shopping was not exciting, didn't find any good sweaters (too early for southern california), so we decided to go check out some mountain bikes!  Kiefer feels very bad for me when I have to use my all steel solid frame (no suspension whatsoever) rim-brakes mountain bike.  Here is a poem that I composed about how it makes him feel:

Ryzzie's Mountain Bike Makes Kiefer Sad
It does not want
to go up the hill
so I push it
it is heavy.
He does not like
to see me walk
when everyone else can ride.

It does not want
to stop going down
so I go slow
it is scary.
He does not like
to see me crawl
when everyone else can go.

It does not want
to be picked up
so I struggle
to pick it up
I hit my head.
He does not like
to see me fail
when everyone else can do.

There we go!  What a lovely poem!  And no, I totally do not take that seriously, but I sure do think it's fun!

So we went to Performance Bikes and REI before we got burnt out on bike shops, then headed home.  That was when we found out Kiefer's dad had secured us free tickets to a special event at Knott's Berry Farm!!!  How exciting!  So we picked up my daughter from school and got ready to go.  We totally surprised her with our destination, and were surprised ourselves to discover that it was free parking (always a nice treat).

My daughter got to ride on Montezuma's Revenge and Boomerang (both rides with loops) for the first time, and had a BLAST!  I was so glad to have so much fun with her, Kiefer and Kiefer's Dad and sister.  We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment