2011-01-18

That's Dr. to you Ma'am!

So I have met someone...yes I know it's so sudden....but he works where I work, and we both live in the same area, and we both ride our bikes to work!  So we've decided to give it a try....as riding buddies!!! What were you thinking GEEEZE!!??

I'm really thrilled to have someone to ride home with a few nights a week.  We're going to try some different routes home, even try to squeeze in a ride down the beach on our working Fridays!  I'm so excited!

So I had some lady come up behind me at a stop light and tell me that I should be riding in the right hand side of the road.  This is correct, especially since there is a bike lane.  However, the bike lane ended at the intersection in question, and in it's place was a right turn only lane, and I was going straight through.  PLUS you're supposed to take the center position (even by CA cycling rules) when riding through an intersection.  She also said my light was hard to see, so I thought maybe my tool bag was blocking it.....no...it's not...oookay...."but it's just hard to see!"  I really have a hard time believing that, considering I've ridden behind Kiefer before with his identical light, and felt like I needed sunglasses.  We chose these lights because of their brightness.  I think the case was really that she was on the phone.

She was polite nonetheless, so I was in turn polite myself.  Right after that was when I got the flat tire mentioned earlier (I think).  Boohoo.

Anyway, so Dr. Bo and I will be heading out for our first ride together tonight.  I'm hoping we can gather more to our numbers, and make a "thing" out of it.  Thanks to Flexi for introducing us, we have plenty to share, considering he's a parent of a baby that won't sleep, and we all know I have PLENTY of experience with that from miss kate's sleepless infant days!

No comments:

Post a Comment