2010-11-24

Long time no See!!!

Sorry I havn't given you an update in a while, things are a little hectic for me.  My Babushka is in the hospital, well now she's in convalescent care.  She's not doing too well.  I spent a few weeks staying with her until late at night.

This past weekend Kiefer and I went with my folks up to Big Bear Lake.  It was WONDERFUL.  Rained miserably most of Saturday morning, so we stayed in.  I got to finish my book, which was nice, and taught Kiefer how to Crochet too!  Mid Saturday morning it started to snow a little, and it pretty much never stopped until after we left.  Kiefer treated me and my folks to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 1.  I REALLY enjoyed that movie.  I LOVE the whole series like a crazy fan girl (come on, my cat's name is CROOKSHANKS for goshsakes!). 

We skittered around town afterwards and headed to K-Mart to look for snow chains.  The skittering was indeed due to the fresh coating of snow over a lovely bed of ice caused by the rain that morning.  The chains at K-Mart were the ultra el-cheapo kind but instead of being $50 they were nearly $80!  So we went to Napa and got some $140 ones instead.  These were not really marked up, and they are much much higher quality, so I was okay with spending the extra dough.  I know I go up to Big Bear frequently, and these are VERY easy to apply, so I'd be fine with applying them myself on a solo trip to Yosemite or something.  And yes, I do realize that I overpaid by the same % I would have for the K-Mart ones....but the K-Mart ones wouldn't have lasted 5 miles.

Tonight we're getting ready for our annual Stress-Free (aka Family Free) Thanksgiving.  Everyone knows it's gonna happen, so they just call to confirm that hey, we're still doing this right?  Yup!

Meanwhile my bike is giving me issues.  He's started whining on my ride home (Kiefer suspects the bearings need repacking).  Also the forward derailleur is not operating correctly.  It's very frustrating because I have to shift all the way up in the rear chainrings before the forward chainring will shift in to top gear...which means that now I have a bike in top gear, and I was just getting going.  /fail  I have some kind of throat tickle as well ahem ahem...HEM!!

Finally I've been practicing my piano again, trying to get the old fingers warmed up for the Holiday Season.  I love to play Christmas music on the piano.  My favorite thing while in drumline was to get the vibes out and play the Ukranian Bell Carol (no that's NOT me, we didn't have Youtube when I was in High School).  Time to go out and buy some music!

No comments:

Post a Comment